Gompers Elementary School is a Title I school, meaning our student population has a higher rate of poverty than the district average. Gompers Elementary Parent Teacher Organization uses the money we raise to support students and staff. In partnership with Gompers families, GEPTO accomplished the following in the 2017-2018 school year:
- Planned family engagement nights, such as Fall Festival, Family Game Night, and Winter Festival.
- Fully funded field trip scholarships so all students could participate in class field trips.
- Sponsored a student t-shirt contest and provided t-shirts with the winning design to all students and staff.
- Fulfilled special requests for classroom supplies and snacks.
- Coordinated staff appreciation events and gifts for Gompers custodians, school bus drivers, nurses, crossing guards, administrative professionals, and teachers. Sponsored teacher snacks during parent-teacher conferences.
- Supported special events such as fifth-grade graduation.